Salted Margarita Pretzel Bars
Prep Time15 minutes
Freeze Time2 hours
For the Crust:
- 2/3 cup pretzels
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup Nuts ’N More Chocolate Maple Pretzel Spread
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 medjool dates, soaked & pitted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Lime Margarita Layer:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water in the fridge overnight
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1/2 tsp green spirulina (optional, for color)
Add pretzels and almonds to a blender and blend into a flour.
- Add remainder of crust ingredients to the blender and blend until you have thick crumbs that stick when pressed together.
- Using the back of a rubber spatula or spoon, press the crust into the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish (for thicker bars, use a loaf pan)
- Rinse out the blender and add all ingredients for the margarita layer, blending until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the mixture to the pan and spread evenly over the crust.
- Place bars in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Once ready to serve, cut into bars and thaw for about 10 minutes. Enjoy with an extra sprinkle of lime zest or drizzle of Nuts ’N More Chocolate Maple Pretzel Spread.