July 27, 2015
The big debate is, Peanuts or Almonds? Believe it or not, we get asked quite frequently if almonds are ‘healthier’ for you.
“Nuts ‘N More, shouldn’t I buy your almond butter instead of the peanut butter? Almond butter is healthier, right?”
Peanuts have been given a bad name over the last few years due to more regimented styles of eating. Luckily, we are here to give you the 411 on both peanuts and almonds to prove that each has its own health benefits! Here are just a few great reasons why you should be including both peanuts and almonds as part of a healthy diet.
Let’s start with our friends, the peanuts. Peanuts are known for some incredible health benefits, such as:
1) Their high monounsaturated fat content. This is the good type of fat that you might find in a Mediterranean diet. These fats help lower the bad cholesterol and increase the good cholesterol.
2) They are nutrient dense. Those little nuts are full of great things such as folate, Vitamin E, Vitamin B6, magnesium, iron, potassium and so many more!
3) Peanuts are a great source of protein. Protein is essential for growth and development! Who doesn’t want to grow up to be big and strong?!
4) Peanuts are an excellent source of resveratrol. Resveratrol has been shown to protect against diseases such as cancer, heart disease, viral infections and more!
5) They improve the uptake of sugar into the blood. Yes, that little thing resveratrol that we just mentioned? Well, it also helps control how your body utilizes sugars and the growth of fat cells!
Wow! Can you believe all of those amazing health benefits? If almonds are known to be better for you, then open up a jar of Nuts ‘N More and toss us a spoon because we must be some of the healthiest people on the planet!
Here we go! Some of the excellent health benefits of Almonds include:
1) They are a great source of phosphorus. Phosphorus helps improve the strength of our bones and teeth!
2) They help improve our immune system. They are a great source for alkali material which is known to strengthen our immune system and fight off disease!
3) They are a natural anti-inflammatory. Almonds contain two very important sources of fat, linoleic and linolenic. Since our bodies don’t produce these fats, we must get them from healthy sources such as almonds. These two fats help reduce inflammation in the body, something that is very common in humans today.
4) Regulate blood pressure. These little powerhouses are chock full of potassium, which helps keep your blood pressure in line.
5) They improve digestion. Almonds are loaded with fiber, which helps regulate the movement of food through the digestive system.
Wouldn’t you agree that peanuts and almonds are both a healthy choice? By including both peanut butter and almond butter as part of a balanced diet, you will be getting a full spectrum of health benefits! Plus, with flavors like Birthday Cake, Cookie Dough, Salted Caramel, and White Chocolate Pretzel, not only will you get those health benefits, but you'll also make your taste buds very happy!