Shipping & Receiving Specialist > Manager
Performs a variety of shipping and receiving tasks. Verifies materials received are as ordered and routes incoming items to appropriate locations. Prepares items for shipment.
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; selects appropriate container; packs items to ensure safe delivery. Cases up to 45lbs.
- Prepares bills of landing; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination and routing are correct.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; may process return shipments from customers.
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and or logs inventory which is shipped or received.
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; re-codes discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and or purchasing personnel.
- Traces lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents.
- May maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
- May operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment; may operate shrink-wrap machine; may operate company vehicle to deliver shipments; may assist in routine maintenance of equipment and shipping area; may lock warehouse and set alarms.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Leads, guides, and trains employees performing related work.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Is a doer and rolls up their sleeves to get things done.
- Positive outlook and reliability is a must.
- Experience recommended but not required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time position(s) range from $15 - $25/hr
Please submit resumes to:
Subject: Shipping and Receiving