7 Ways To Stay Hydrated
With summer in full swing, temperatures still rising and many of us engaging in outdoor activities such as hiking, biking and running; it is critical that we keep our bodies hydrated!
If we allow our bodies to become dehydrated, it can lead to side effects such as muscle cramps, low blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, dizziness and many other things that could be even more severe! We know nobody wants that! So, in order to make sure you stay healthy and hydrated, here are 7 great ways to ensure that you hit your daily target!
1. Give Yourself A Goal. It is recommended that you drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water per day. For example, if you weigh 160lbs, you would divide 160lbs by 2 and get 80lbs. This 80lbs would translate into 80oz of water or 10 glasses a day.
2. Set A Schedule. If you need to drink 10 glasses of water per day, set yourself 10 times that you will drink those glasses. i.e, upon waking up, breakfast, lunch, during your workout, etc. Setting an alert in your phone can help make sure you don’t miss any ‘water dates’ either!
3. Get A Water Bottle. Head to your local retailer and purchase a water bottle that will be easy for you to take with you on the go! This will ensure that you are never without your trusty H2O!
4. Kick Boring Water To The Curb. One of the number one reasons why people don’t take in enough water is because they think it is ‘boring.’ Give you water a healthy twist by adding in sliced lemons, limes, fresh strawberries, oranges or cucumbers!
5. Eat Water Based Foods. Hydration doesn’t mean just drinking! Eating foods such as watermelon, cucumbers, leafy greens, celery, berries, etc will also help you hit your hydration target!
6. Switch It Up. There are other great fluid options to help keep you hydrated besides just water! Coconut water, unsweetened tea, milk and homemade smoothies are some other delicious options!
7. Make Technology Your Friend. There are lots of great smart phone apps that allow you to keep track of your daily water intake! Download one that is easy to use. Keep it on the main screen of your phone so it is always in eyes sight! We are never without our phones now a day, so this will be an excellent reminder to drink up!
With these 7 great tips, you are sure to stay happy, healthy and hydrated all summer long!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.