With the holidays quickly approaching and lots of delicious and higher calorie foods in abundance, understanding how to keep your portion sizes under control will leave you feeling both healthy and satisfied this season!
Here are six of our favorite tips to keep in mind over the next few months (and all year round!):
1. . Use Smaller Dishes – You won’t even realize that the amount of food on your plate is less.
2. Pre-portion Your Food – Serve what you are going to have before you sit down and then enjoy it. This way you know exactly how much you are eating and don’t find your hand digging back into that bag of chips!
3. Keep A Food Journal – Keeping track of what and how much you are eating will keep you accountable. No one wants to write down “12 cookies” in their food log!
4. Kick Up The Protein – Not only does protein build muscle but it will help keep you satisfied for longer! Incorporating foods such as fortified nut butters, whey protein powder and peanut powder are all excellent (and delicious) choices!
5. Start Your Day With A Healthy Breakfast – Having a solid meal in the morning that includes both protein and healthy carbohydrates will prevent you from becoming too hungry during the day and over indulging.
6. Be Mindful – Sit down, relax and really enjoy your meal. Savor the flavors and textures of the food you are eating instead of shoveling it in! You will find that you feel full much quicker!
*How do YOU keep your portions in check?
Comments will be approved before showing up.